In TourBuilder, you can use our interactive blur tool to blur your scenes directly in the Publisher. This is ideal for blurring license plates, faces, or sensitive information your clients may not want to appear on their listings.
We recommend familiarizing yourself with Google’s Image Acceptance & Privacy Policies if you have questions about Google’s requirements for blurring.
To use the blur tool in TourBuilder Plus:
1. Navigate to the Upload Photos section of your tour. While not required, we recommend blurring your scenes before you begin building/connecting them. Once you upload your photos, proceed with blurring, if desired.
You cannot update blurring to your published scenes unless you unpublish them first.
2. Next, click on the blur icon associated with the image you wish to edit. The blur icon is the drop symbol located in the bottom right corner of each of your scenes.
3. Your scene will begin to load. The blur tool may take a few seconds to appear as TourBuilder must prepare your image for blurring. If you are experiencing delays, please ensure you are connected to a reliable internet source and using Google Chrome.
4. Once the tool loads, your scene appears in a view box. You can rotate the image while editing. To rotate your scene, click on the Pan button at the top. To blur, select Blur. To erase any blurring, simply click Erase.
5. There are two methods to blur and erase in TourBuilder. You may draw the blur or circle around an object, and TourBuilder will blur that entire selection. These same two methods may be applied to erasing, as well. You may notice it takes a few seconds for the blurring to appear after you’ve drawn over the scene.
6. If you would like to start over, simply select Cancel. To save your work, click the green button Save.